Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chairs with a new look

I've been working on this chair for a long time.
My sweet husband (boyfriend at the time) and I first recovered it in college,
then after we'd been  married a while I fixed a bit because it was kind of falling apart.
But then it started falling apart again, so I decided something needed to be done.
I found some video tutorials on how to make a slipcover, so I decided to try them out 
(I think I blogged about that before),
the last month or so I've been working on.
It isn't perfect by any means, but I think for my first attempt at a slipcover, it turned out pretty well.
 I finished it last night.
Then I worked on a glider rocker we have.
After I fell in love with our fabric for the second bedroom roman shades,
I decided I would use the left over fabric to recover the glider.
So I did that last night.
I used this tutorial, and it was pretty easy!
I mean I did it all last night, and I'm not usually one that can whip out an entire project in one day.
They both look so much better now,
trust me because I forgot to take before pictures... lol.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you've been working on! You are so good at visualizing things and making them come together so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete