The Easter Bunny hides our baskets outside and we go find them.
We always say a family prayer before we head out to find the baskets,
after the prayer it's a stampede through the back door.
This is right after everyone headed out.
Pictured above are my mom and my dad and everyone else...
More family below
Here are my little brother and his sweet little fiance trying to decide whose basket was at the top..
it was her's... lol!
She got it!
My sister!
This kid loves horses... but apparently sometimes they make him angry.. lol!
My baby brother!
Found mine!
My family!
Here is the back story about why my Mom is in a wheelchair...
Thursday before Easter I got a text from my Dad saying,
"Just so you know, Mom's going into surgery on her foot right now."
Uhh... WHAT?! My mom broke her foot a few years ago so I thought maybe it was a result or complication with that... but really I had no idea what was going on.
So I text him right back for him to explain. He mentions something about baseboards.
Then I remember that my parents were planning to organize their garage and I knew there were baseboards in there, so I assumed she was moving those and they fell on her foot.
Turns out I was mostly correct.
My Mom and my sister were organizing the garage,
my mom decided to try to organize the baseboards in this old trampoline frame they had...
it worked until it became top heavy and fell on her, she got mostly out of the way, but apparently her foot didn't get out of the way. She yelled to my sister, "I think I broke my foot."
Thankfully, across the street the local PT was helping the sweet little old lady that lives there,
he heard my mom's cry and ran over to see what happened.
He and my sister pulled off her shoe and he said, "uhh, you need to go to the hospital."
Then he realized it was Thursday and that the local orthopedic surgeon was in town,
he told her to go there and ask if they could work her in.
He and my sister got my mom in the car,
my sister called my dad, who was fishing, and told him he should probably come home.
My sister took her to the surgeon's office and asked if they could work her in, they said they could, the doctor took an X-ray and after one look said, "You need surgery."
He got her in that day!
The anesthesiologist turned out to be a member of their stake that helped with the trek that my parents were in charge of. She was most definitely blessed and watched over! I am so grateful for everyone that helped her out!
It turns out she tore the ligament that holds your toes together.
So she spent most of the weekend with her foot propped up, hobbling around in crutches, or in the wheelchair for easier movement.
















Your poor mom! Ouch!
ReplyDelete