Friday, October 24, 2014

Hellos and Goodbyes

While I was pregnant someone in our ward came up to me and said,
"Now that you'll have a baby maybe you guys won't travel so much"
...or something along those lines.
I thought to myself, I don't see why we won't be able to travel with a baby,
plus all of our family, except one of my sisters and her husband, live out of town.
And I'm happy to announce that that person was wrong.
We still travel,
while it may take a little more planning and a lot more stuff,
we still travel.
And have since our sweet girl was a week old!

After my family left we took our sweet girl down to meet her Grandpa C and Grammy (one of her great grandmothers).

Grammy sure loved her!
 I think it's safe to say she has both Grandpas wrapped around her finger.
Somehow I never posted a picture of my sister with her,
she stayed with us for a week and took many awesome pictures of our sweet girl and she took our family pictures too.
While we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa C we got introduce her to some of her cousins.
(I love the smile on my sweet husband's face when he looks at our sweet girl)

 And one of her aunts and one of her uncles
The next weekend we traveled up to my parent's house and introduced her to her Great Grandma L 
 and Great Grandpa L.
And lots of her cousins and great aunts and great uncles

Side note: While we were there last weekend I took her over to see my Grandpa again (Grandma was out of town) and we visited for a while and then I needed to get in the shower so I could go get my hair cut and I told my Grandpa this and he said, "so are you saying you are going to take her from me?" I said, "I can leave her with you if you want while I shower. Or I can take her." He said, "I'll keep her." Grandpa loves babies and he taught all his sons to love babies!
  This past weekend was pretty awesome!
And VERY busy!
Our sweet girl got to meet her Great Grandma B and Great Grandpa B.

Four Generations
 Great Grandma and Great Grandpa,
 Great Grandpa B kept saying, "She's so gorgeous!"
It was so sweet!
We got travel up to visit my mom's side of the family and also got to go to one of my best friend's weddings! I was a bridesmaid... lol mostly just in pictures because of our crazy weekend.
This is what was on the agenda for the weekend:
It started on Wednesday
--we traveled to my parent's house (5 hours without baby, 7 with)
--Thursday, the men folk went deer hunting
the women folk headed up to Grandma and Grandpa B's for visiting and the wedding (5 hours without baby, about 7 with)
--Friday-for us-more visiting, shopping, and my mom, sweet girl, and I went to my friend's wedding dinner.
It was super yummy!
--Saturday- met up with my brother, went to my friend's sealing (it was beautiful and she was gorgeous!), visited my in-laws and introduced them to our sweet girl, went and had pictures taken for the wedding, drove back down to my parent's house, met back up with the rest of the men.
--Sunday, went to my baby brother's farewell
See, crazy, but OH so good!

The gorgeous bride and I
 Showing our sweet girl off to her aunt and uncles 
(see the uncle in the picture on the wall, he was there too, but had just been on a plane and had been hacked on the whole way home, so he was a little worried about holding the baby)

  My baby brother saying goodbye to our sweet girl for two years!
He's going to be a great missionary!
It's pretty crazy that he's a missionary, when I left home for college he was EIGHT years old!
Eight folks, had just gotten baptized!
How is he old enough for a mission?!
PS, sorry for the not so great photo, at 4 am you don't really think straight.
 We leave early in the morning on Monday rather than fighting Sunday traffic,
it's SO much better!
Rather than 8+ hours for a 5 hour trip, it's 5... what a concept!





2 comments:

  1. She looks SOOOOO small in the beginning pictures... Well, except for her head... "She has a big head, doesn't she?" -- Grandma B. [you forgot that quote, so I decided to put it in there for you] also, I've been waiting to see when my picture would come in!! :) I'm so excited I finally made it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these photos of your sweet girl! Such happy times!

    ReplyDelete