Tuesday, September 15, 2015

12 Months

We sure love this little lady!
It seems like she's so much bigger and older this month.
I think most of it is because of her new cousin,
now we see the two of them together and Sweet Girl looks so much bigger!

Her stats for the month are:
Weight: 19.8 lbs (27th percentile)
Height: 30.2 inches (81st percentile)
Head Circumference: 18.5 inches (92nd percentile)
 She's such a happy girl,
she loves to tease and play!

 She also has a little stubborn streak 
 that we also love!
(she was done with pictures at this point)
The biggest milestone we hit this month is that Sweet Girl learned how to walk!
At first she walked a few steps and then she would sit down and crawl, it was faster.
But now, she prefers walking and walks all over!

This past month has been so fun!
She cracks us up all the time!

One day she licked her plate! I think she learned that from her Dad!

 One day I laid her down for her nap
and I could hear her giggling in her room.
I figured since she wasn't crying I would just wait it out a little longer.
After a while I went to check on her
and peeked in,
she was shoving diapers behind her crib and each time one fell she laughed and laughed!
It was hilarious!
 After a while it was quiet,
and this is what I found,
Her sleeping in a crazy position!
 A couple days later,
I was cleaning the fridge and Sweet Girl was playing and walking around
and then it went quiet again.
So I finished up what I was doing and then went to look for her.
This time, I found her in the bathroom playing with a wrapper in the toilet! 
I laughed, ran and got my phone, and snapped a picture!
One of my favorite pieces of parenting advice is to take a picture rather than getting mad.
I love it because really, shes not doing anything horrible, she's just exploring, and let's be honest, it's super funny! I just laugh all day! I sure love this girl!
 A few other facts about Sweet Girl:
She does not have any teeth! Some are definitely coming, you can see them under her gums, but they are taking their sweet time. The doctor said it's nothing to worry about yet, and I've read that the longer they wait to come in the stronger they are. So that is just fine.

She is officially finished breastfeeding, as of last Wednesday. She loves cows milk. I knew it was time to cut the last feeding when I asked her if she wanted some milk and she started walking towards the fridge. It was pretty painless on both of us, for which I am very grateful!

She is such a people person! She loves to wave and flirt with anyone that will look her way.

She can say dada, ball, yes, and baby. She can also say mama but usually will not, the little tease!
She can sign more, all done, and milk. But usually we'll just ask her yes or no questions and she'll respond with yes if she wants it or won't say anything if she doesn't.

She can do the actions to patty cake and loves peek-a-boo!

She still loves to read books and loves to pull the books off the shelves even more!
But usually when she pulls them off she reads them too.
Yesterday, in the car she was reading a book and actually read it out loud... not in a language we understand but she sure thought it was funny and very interesting! Lol! We had a pretty good laugh!

She loves other babies! She is usually pretty good with them and pretty good at being soft, but sometimes she gets so excited and forgets. But she's so cute with them! She got a baby doll and some stuffed animals for her birthday and loves to cuddle them and kiss them, just like she does with her baby cousin.

She loves to be outside! Swinging is one of her favorites. Swinging in her swings is kind of like the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie book, if you swing Sweet Girl she'll see the raspberry bushes and want to eat some raspberries, so you'll give her some and she'll want to eat them all.. lol! You get the picture. She's so funny!

We sure love this girl and she is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment