Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello!

For a while now, I've thought about starting a blog for our family, but each day I talk myself out of it. One reason I could talk myself out of it is that I've been afraid I'd spend too much time on it, because I love to look at blogs! Especially craft blogs! Recently a friend of mine encouraged me to start a blog so she could keep up on our lives, so I discussed it with the husband and here we are.
Recently our family has undergone a few changes:
1. He graduated!
2. I quit my job!
3. We moved
4. We got a new car
5. He got a new job and started it at the beginning of this week
6. We went on an awesome vacation!
Lol, that last one makes it sound like we've never gone on an awesome vacation, which isn't true, but we've never been on a vacation like that one and it's a good possibility that we may never get a chance like that again! Also that's not quite the order that all of our changes happened either, but oh well.
Here are some pictures to prove some of these... actually I think I only have pictures of the trip. Anywho here we go:

At a cenote...basically underground fresh water. According to our tour guide, cenotes were used by the Mayans as a place for fresh drinking water and such, so what did we do it in? We swam in it!

Chitzen Itza

Eating in Cozumel

Playing Rummicub on the beach!

Snorkeling

Tulum, I think this was our favorite. It was so beautiful (notice next picture). But also it was really cool because our tour guide was also LDS, we knew because he was wearing a BYU hat. So we started talking to him and he said that he would give us a little more information after the tour was over. So basically he told us how he thought these ruins fit into the Book of Mormon. It was really neat! He told us (and the rest of the group) that Tulum was built in about 150 BC, I believe it was, so like around the time of Abinadi. Anyways, it was really cool.

This is also Tulum, the structure behind us is a lookout tower and then the beautiful Caribbean Sea!

Our resort

Another picture of our resort

Just a funny sign, it's telling us that there will be a speed bump, but seriously who thought a picture like this for a sign was a good idea....

And finally, him sad to go. We went home the next day... well not quite home, we didn't have a home at the time. We'd moved out of our apartment, so we went and stayed with each of our families.

As you can see, our life has been eventful! Now I need to find a job...lamo, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment