So, I'm posting these so that when you read them,
it's like a book rather than making it so you have to scroll down and back up.
Well, kind of I guess, since I already posted about Thanksgiving.
Anyways.
So, our Thanksgiving break didn't quite end at Thanksgiving as some may have thought.
The husband had a conference for work that he had to go to.
The best part was, I got to come along!
We got to stay in a hotel, and do lots of fun things, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
I also have to say before I start, I'm so sad I wasn't better at taking pictures!
I totally forgot my camera when we visited everyone!
We got to stay with my family until Tuesday morning, then we headed up to SLC.
However, on the way we got to visit some people!
First, we stopped at my cousins' house and saw him and his baby!
It was really fun!
When we go visit my family we don't always get to see them,
so we were glad that we got to on this trip!
Sadly, his wife wasn't feeling well, so we didn't get to see her, but hopefully next time!
After that we drove a little further and stopped and visited with my best friend from high school!
We got to see her right after Thanksgiving as well.
I was glad we got see each other more than once,
because we also don't get to see her as often as we would like.
We went out to lunch with her, because she's a workin' woman
and had to get back to work at some point.
While we were in that city, we got to see my little sister for a little bit.
We gave her and her friend a ride to school...
okay we gave them a ride for the last 1/2 block to school... lol
we needed to drop off some of the stuff she forgot at home.
Then, we were on our way out of the city....
Or so we thought,
we ended up getting our breaks and the rotors replaced... lamo
So we got to sit at Big O for like three hours...
BUT we were safe now and that's the most important thing!
So then we actually got on our way out of the city.
We were supposed to visit so more people but because of our little Big O trip
it got too late and we had to reschedule.
So we went straight to the hotel.
That was nice because we were both so exhausted!
The next morning his conference started so we ate breakfast together and then he went to the conference, which was in the same hotel so that was really nice!
I relaxed.
At lunchtime we got to go eat together,
we even tried visiting my grandparents but they weren't home.
So we went back to the hotel and he worked on his paper.
After lunch he went back to the conference and I did some shopping.
While shopping, I had quite the experience...
it seemed really big at the time, but it's not so much anymore.
Maybe I'll post about it later. We'll see.
That night we headed back down south a bit and met up with my freshman roommates
(well, the ones that still live there).
Well, I met up with them, he worked on his paper in the library.
We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse and had a great time!
It was fun to see them all again and catch up!
He and I did a little shopping while we were down there as well.
The next day, I did some more shopping, he went to the conference.
It actually got out sooner than expected, so he worked on his paper, and I wrapped presents.
Then we did a little bit more shopping,
Then, we went ice skating at an outdoor rink!
I'd never been to an outdoor rink, it was A LOT of fun!
And there weren't very many people there, so it was a really good time!
I did have one big crash because we were racing, so I was going fairly fast and hit a divot or whatever you want to call it and totally biffed it!
It hurt, but I was okay.
After that we went to my aunt and uncle's house.
My aunt threw a little get-together for us,
all of my mom's family that could make it came!
It was so much fun!
The food was great!
And the company was even better!
On our way back to the hotel,
we stopped and saw the lights at Temple Square!
They were beautiful, as always!
The next day, we got to go skiing!
Also, REALLY fun!
Neither of us had ever skied before,
we'd only been snowboarding, so we decided to try something new.
And I'm glad we did. I definitely like skiing better!
We took a lesson and I'm glad we did, it really helped.
The snow was perfect for skiing, and we had a great time!
We only crashed a couple of times.
I think that was what made me like it better than snowboarding,
snowboarding it's easier to get up when you fall,
but if you are like me, you are falling every five seconds and it gets old quick.
However, skiing I felt fairly competent by the end of the day.
He felt even better than I did!
That night we stayed with his brother's family!
It was so nice to see them!
We haven't been able to for a while,
when we lived up there we got to see them much more, so it was nice to see them again!
We went out to eat at Brick Oven, it was really good!
We also got to share in our niece's birthday! So that was fun!
Saturday morning, we started out trek back.
We got to see people on the way home too!
We got to see my grandparents again! It was nice to spend more time with them!
Then we headed over and visited my cousin that currently lives in New York,
she flew back for the week,
perfect timing for us!
So we got to see her and her baby! It was really nice to see them!
Then we saw the husband's freshman roommate and his fiancée!
It was good to see him and nice to meet her!
We got to eat lunch with them at Costa Vida, one of my favorite places!
It's so yummy!
Then we got to see one of my roommates and her husband, it was good to see them again!
We've missed being able to do things with them, so it was fun to see them!
Then we headed the rest of the way back, and made it to my parent's house safely!
The next day after Church and family dinner, we headed back home.
It was a great trip, but it's always nice to sleep in your own bed and not live out of a suitcase!
And to think that we just missed you by a couple of days!
ReplyDeleteI hope Grandma gave Scott his Christmas gift from us. Enjoy!
I'm sad we missed you! Grandma did give him his gift. Thank you!
ReplyDelete