On Thursday, I called LDS Family Services to see how things were coming along.
Unfortunately, both of the people I could talk to about it were out of the office at a meeting.
So I called back yesterday
and the nice lady told me that
EVERYTHING is in!
Now our caseworker needs to review our file
and then she'll call us to set up our home inspection!
YAY!
Side note, so I've been thinking about linking our blog to our adoption profile (well, when it's up),
but they recommend not including last names. So far, I've only put our last name up.
What do you think, my wonderful readers, should I change the name of our blog...
(which would include changing the url)?
Side note, so I've been thinking about linking our blog to our adoption profile (well, when it's up),
but they recommend not including last names. So far, I've only put our last name up.
What do you think, my wonderful readers, should I change the name of our blog...
(which would include changing the url)?
I have good friends that have adopted 3 kids through LDS family services, they had the same advice and their first 2 adoptions were great, and no issues. But the 3rd, the birth mom wanted to give the baby to my friends, but the birth dad was really against adoption. At that point, they were really glad they had kept their full name off the internet because the birth dad was aggressive and couldn't be trusted. He was on drugs and very violent. They had their other 2 kids to worry about, but just keeping things on the down low so that someone couldn't find out where they lived, or personal things helped them feel safer about a tough situation. It's kind of a pain, but I think worth it. Can't wait to hear good news! Let me know when you have a profile up, I'm excited to share it with anyone I know!
ReplyDeleteI think you should definitely change the name of your blog (not that this name is bad or anything. I love the alliteration.) because it's crazy how quickly word spreads when you post things! You'll have to let me/ everyone else know how we can share your profile!! Love you, Sister!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting, Addie! :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, change it! How exciting. I was just thinking of you last night and wondering how things were coming along!
ReplyDeleteOh YAY!!! So exciting! :). Can't wait to hear when it is official! We will start spreading the word!
ReplyDeleteI'm so thrilled for your family! I hope a baby finds you two very soon :) I would change it. We have a brother that adopts his children. He has his blog hooked up to his LDS account which is nice because birth parents can see how they live. Also it's nice because they do open-adoption so birth mothers are able to see what his family is doing. This is so exciting! It's such a long process to adopt and you are just amazing! We will keep you in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteWAHOO! So exciting to hear that things are progressing! Keep us updated with when you're officially approved!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you Addie!
ReplyDelete