We had a GREAT labor day weekend!
Friday my sweet in-laws came and picked me up, then we drove and picked my sweet husband from work.
Then we drove to my parents' home.
We spent Friday evening talking and enjoying one another's company!
Saturday morning, my dad went to my Great Uncle's funeral,
Mom and I went to a bridal shower,
after that we all headed up north and went shopping for a bit.
Then we met up with my sisters and had dinner at Costa Vida...
my sweet husband and I forgot how much we love that place!
And they redeemed his stamp card that he's had for 6+ years!
The best part was that because they don't use that particular card anymore
they gave us a dollar off for each stamp!
Sweet! One meal was free!
Then the moment we'd all been waiting for!
We saw Les Miserables!
It was SO GOOD!
My sisters were right, I cried... several times!
My cousin and her husband happened to have tickets to the same show!
Since my sisters work for the festival, they were able to get them tickets by us!
Here we are after the show since we weren't allowed to take pictures in the theater.
Sorry Mom and bro you are blocked....
Sunday we had church and visited with more family members and I totally should have pulled out my camera, but obviously did not.
Monday we headed to do some "yard work".
It started off a little rocky.
The boat died getting it off the trailer,
but then it started up again so we figured it would be fine.
I usually am selfish and take the first turn, but I thought I'd be nice and let my brother go.
The boat died while he was going.
Thankfully, my dad had thought ahead and invited our mechanic friends to come along with their boat,
but they weren't answering their phones.
So we drifted to a beach and played in the water while Dad fished.
They finally called us back and came to our rescue.
They got the boat working again
and I decided I was done being nice and took a turn... lol!
On both the slalom and on the wake board.
The boat died right as I was getting in the boat to give someone else a turn.
So we called our rescuers again and they fixed the boat again.
My sweet husband was up next,
I promise he got some awesome air too, but I'm not quite as skilled as my sister with picture taking..
My sister took a turn on the knee board
My little cousin was going to ride with my sister on the knee board but decided he wanted to go with his uncle on the water skis instead.
Actually he tried to chicken out, but we practically made him go, when he was finished he had a big smile on his face and said he had a great time!
His family was supposed to come too, but they got to the meeting point right when the boat died after my brother's turn, so they swam a bit and headed home... sadly about they time they got home the boat was working again..oops.
Then since the water was so nice, Dad needed a turn by himself!
Then our friends' daughter wanted a turn on the skis,
she had a blast too!
Next up was my sister!
Got up like a pro even though she hasn't been able to come very often due to work for the last couple of summers.
My father-in-law was up next,
he was worried about getting up but ended up getting up twice in a row!
My mother-in-law also got up like a pro!
Our rescuer!
He claims to not be a boat mechanic but he got it working like a champ!
Mom also had to take a turn with the water being so nice!
And my little brother took a turn on the knee board.
We all got to take a few turns,
so what started out a little rocky, turned out to be a GREAT day at the lake!
We stayed a lot later than we have in a long time!
We were pretty tuckered out by the end...
Tuesday morning we woke up and headed home.
We visited with my sweet husband's aunt on the way home, she happened to be in town for business, it was fun to see her and visit with her for a little while!
It was a great weekend!
We love spending time with our family!
And especially with both sides!
No comments:
Post a Comment