Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Scary Story

In honor of Halloween coming up,
I thought I would share a scary story.
It's also a true story.

When I was in high school, 
one night I was laying in my bed when all of a sudden I heard a scratching noise at my window.
Please keep in mind, I am one of the biggest scaredy-cats you will ever meet!
Ever since I was a little girl my one of my biggest fears was that someone would break into my home and do something to me and my family.
So this scratching noise had me in a panic!
I laid there for a while terrified.
My thoughts that night went something like this.
Should I look?
If I do, he'll know I'm in here and get me!
No, I'll wait it will probably go away soon.
After the longest hour (it was probably 15 minutes) of my life I finally got up the guts to run to my parents' room.
I told my dad that someone/something was trying to break into my room.
At first I think he told me that it was nothing and I would be fine.
I insisted that there was definitely something.
So being the Best-Dad-in-the-world he got out of bed and went outside to check for evil people trying to come into my room.
What did he find?

A gopher!
Scratching away at the Styrofoam my parents' home is built out of.
He caught the little monster and that was that.

No joke, the next night ANOTHER gopher fell into my window well and did the same thing.
But this time I was brave, I knew what that sound was.
He wasn't going to scare me!
My uncle caught that one (because my dad was at work).

Now you are probably thinking, that wasn't really scary and why would she tell us this wacko story?
Because
nah nah na (scary music)

WE HAVE A GOPHER!
The pesky creature is trying to kill all of our grass we worked so hard to put in!
And he's pretty smart, we tried to trap him for three days in a row and he is somehow able to bury the traps without getting himself caught in it.
So desperate times call for desperate measures....
the stink bomb...
we'll see how it works.

Here's my handsome man setting it up.




Wish us luck.

3 comments:

  1. We had a big gopher problem when we first moved in too! They're evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that one time I came home from work and you and Allie were watching that creepy movie about the stalker kid watching his murderer neighbor through the window and you knew it was me because you heard my car pull into the driveway but you still screamed and hyperventilated when I came through the door because you forgot it was me? I do. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan--I totally agree! They really are!
    Jessi--How could I forget! LOL! I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete