Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Quick Update

I just wanted to quickly update you all on our weekend.
My wonderful in-laws came to help lay sod on Saturday, 
they got here late Friday night during the last quarter of the BYU football game (which we won!).
After the game, we were all pretty tired and knew the next day was going to be a bear.
So we headed to bed.
We woke up early on Saturday (we planned on picking up the first load at 7 AM).
My sweet husband and father-in-law headed to the sod farm,
while my sweet mother-in-law and I worked on spray painting lines where the sod would go,
we ran out of a spray paint after finishing the backyard and headed to Home Depot to pick up some more.
We called my sweet husband to see if there was anything else he needed,
he said no and told us to head back because they were almost home.
So we turned right around, excited as can be, and got home just before them.
But...
the truck was EMPTY!
Uhh... didn't you forget something?!
It turns out that the sod guy got the sod farm just after they did and said something along the lines of,
I'm so sorry, you didn't leave your number, so I couldn't get a hold of you, but I'm being evicted from my house today so I can cut the sod for you, but you'll have to load it all after this first pallet 
(I'm sure it was all one long run-on sentence too).
Since we were going to have to unload it ourselves anyways they decided that loading it as well would be too much, so we'll get sod this weekend if all works out!

We spent Saturday instead organizing and cleaning our garage for our home inspection and listening to General Conference! It was so good! 
I loved all the talks, I especially loved this talk! It spoke right to my heart!
Sunday, we listened to General Conference and then after my sweet in-laws went home we watched the rest of our adoption classes online.

Yesterday, was our home study.
I'm not sure what I was expecting 
(I think something along the lines of a cleaning check at BYU).
It wasn't quite what I expected, but it was good.
Our caseworker talked to us for a while, basically did the interviews we had before again.
Then she looked at our home, told us to change a few minor things, 
and then told us we would hear from her soon!
She told us that she received two calls from prospective birth mothers on the way to our home!
Not that they will be our birth mothers, but they could be!
I know Heavenly Father is preparing someone so special for us, someone that will change our lives forever!
And we can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about not getting your sod! But I'm glad you were able to get your house prepared in other ways! So glad the home inspection went well!

    ReplyDelete