Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Veterans' Day Weekend Project

After our home inspection in October we needed to fix a few things.
One of the main ones was that we needed a place to keep our lawn equipment: lawn mower, rakes, shovels, etc.
The garage would work, but we really want to park our cars in the garage with winter and snow and everything.
And we've wanted a shed for a while, so it ended up being a good excuse.
My parents came Veterans' Day weekend and helped us build a shed!
This shed will withstand the millennium.
We started on Friday.
First, we poured footings and the foundation.
 Mostly, I watched and sprayed the hose when needed.
My Dad taught my sweet husband about the proper techniques of finishing concrete.
 Saturday morning we woke up and went to Home Depot for all the supplies.
Then we assembled the walls,
which went REALLY quick!
 Then we put them in place.
 Added some siding
Monday morning, we added a roof
 And some shingles and trim and worked on the doors. 
 My parents had to leave Monday, so we've been finishing the rest... albeit much slower than the rest of it went.
But it's coming along. 
I forgot to take a picture at each of the few final stages.
But I my sweet husband installed the doors,
then I painted it,
and Saturday my sweet husband worked on the trim, until he ran out of it, so it's still missing a few pieces.
When it's completely finished I'll post another picture.
But for now, here it is.
Please ignore the fact that the paint doesn't go all the way up to the trim,
my sweet husband is much better at steady painting than I am, so he's going to finish it for me.
Then after the trim is finished, we'll paint the trim white and install the door handles and lock and it will be finished!
Thanks Mom and Dad for helping us with our shed!

No comments:

Post a Comment