Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Projects: Misc and thoughts

I thought I would share a few miscellaneous projects I've done recently.
This first one my sweet husband helped me with because I couldn't get the router bit out by myself,
and I was up to my ears in red fabric... lol aka working on the bench cover.
I have some seasonal decorations I put in this frame, but I haven't finished the ones for spring and summer.
So it tends to hang empty for those months.
One day I was reading my scriptures and a conference talk or something and I thought, "ooh, I really like that quote, I should make it into a sign or something and put it on my wall."
Then a little while later I thought the same thing, by the end of reading I had like 5 quotes I really liked.
So then I thought to myself, "You don't have that much wall space."
Thus, I needed a different plan,
and so the chalkboard idea came to be.
You can buy the already made blank chalkboards at the home improvement stores,
for a while they had ones that were just about exactly the size I needed,
but apparently those were promotional items and weren't being sold any more.
So I got the bigger one and had them cut it down. 
 I really like it because I can change it as often as I'd like.
I really love the bottom quote,
it says, "Marriage is a gift from God to us; the quality of our marriages is a gift from us to Him" 
I've never thought about marriage quite like that. I love being married! I love my sweet husband! But I've never thought about how the effort and love I put into our marriage is a gift from me to my Father in Heaven. Which is also neat because we can't give a lot of gifts to Him,
but showing Him how much we love our spouse and truly cleaving to our covenants and our spouse are ways we can show our appreciation for the wonderful blessing of marriage He has given us!

The other project is one that we've been meaning to do for a while.
Our food cupboards have been getting quite cramped, so we cleaned off one of the shelves we had in the garage that wasn't very full and moved it into the laundry room.
Someday we hope to have cupboards in there, but until then this works.
I like that I can see everything really quickly!
We had an ant invasion a few weeks ago, and that is what really kicked us into gear to get this done!
I pulled everything out of the cupboards to vacuum them out and then decided, rather than shoving it all back in I may as well organize it all and finally put it on the shelves like we'd planned. So my sweet husband helped me clean off the shelves and then moved it into the house for me.
Then I organized it all! I then organized our canned food and noodles and all the other food that didn't fit on the shelves in the cupboards in the kitchen. I was even able to fit all the extra cans we've had under our guest bed for food storage in the cupboards so that we can cycle through them as well! It was a very productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment