Ever since we decided to buy our home I dreamed of a window seat in the bay windows.
In one of my favorite tv shows growing up, The Torkelsons, the main character had a window seat in her bay window and I always wanted one after that. To sit and read and think, Dorothy Jane (from the show) would talk to the Man in the Moon. I don't know how long we'll be in this house, but maybe our little girl will be able to do some of those things thanks to this project.
While I dreamed of it, my mom was actually the one to convince me to actually do it, plus we really needed a place for our children's books, I love children's books!
I thought up a design, nothing too fancy, but something nice and practical.
I had my sweet husband help me determine everything I would need,
we got the supplies and my sweet husband cut out the boards for me so I didn't have to do the heavy lifting.
Then one day while he was at work, I assembled it!
Here is the first layer of bookshelves
The second layer of shelves
And the other end
This was the picture I sent to my sweet husband to tell him that I finished assembling it and that I was super tired... lol!
Another day I cut and installed the face framing.
Close up
Whole shelf
Another day I painted it... well some of it.
Laying on your side trying to get into all the corners is difficult, then add being pregnant into the mix and I was worn out! So my sweet husband helped me finish painting it one night.
Then I ordered the foam for the seat, that's what I was waiting on for so long. Amazon Prime spoils me, having to wait longer than 2 days kills me! But we made it.
While my parents were here helping with the patio, the foam arrived!
One morning my mom and I cut out the foam.
Monday, I made the cover and my sweet husband helped me get it on,
it is SO tight! I put a zipper on one of the sides so that if we needed to wash it I could take it off... I'm not sure we'll ever be able to take it off.. lol!
Now the room is complete...
Except we need to get a crib mattress, but we'll get one.
Oh and I sewed this cute little curtain to hide the totes and things on the top shelf of the closet
While I was organizing the room, I decided to put a shoe organizer of things we'll need fairly handy on the back of the door. A few of the things in it are swaddling blankets, nursing cover, pacifiers, shoes, and hair bows and flowers. Hopefully it will be helpful, if not, at least they have a place to be.. lol!












No comments:
Post a Comment