Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Three Years!

Three years ago at about this time (7:15 AM) I'm pretty sure I was completely ready to head to the temple.
Even though we didn't need to leave until like 9 or something like that... lol.

Three years ago today I married my best friend and the most wonderful man!
It was a beautiful day, a little windy, but other than that, 
it was the perfect day!

In honor of our anniversary,
we took a little trip.

We went to an island for three days!
We tried to go to these islands last year, but we weren't able to get a campsite reservation.

Here we are on the boat headed to the islands

Some sea lions

While on the island we did some snorkeling here:
We saw some beautiful fish, the biggest crabs I've ever seen, and other cool oceanic life!

We also did some hiking,
as you can see it was REALLY foggy most of the time we were there.
If you look closely in this picture you can see the cool sea caves!
My sweet husband took this picture..

And he took this picture of me
being afraid to go really close to the edge.
I don't like heights much...lol.

On the way up to where the next two pictures were taken you could see our little campsite.
That white dot is our tent.

Isn't that beautiful?!
I'm sure it would be even prettier without the fog,
but the fog looks cool too.
While we were up here we could hear so many sea lions! They were going crazy!



I think this is my favorite picture from our trip!
I wish I would have taken it without the flash... lol.
This is how he got into his sleeping bag all ready to sleep...
with the headlamp on... lol!
He cracks me up!

Our last hike that was about 7.5 miles.
We hiked to another part of the island to go snorkeling, 
but it turned out to be really rough, so we just enjoyed the view instead.

Ship wreck?

This picture is to show our make-shift spoon.
The first night that we were there it was really windy so we decided to go into our tent while our food was heating up.
After being in there for about a minute we heard something,
we looked out and couldn't see anything.
After the 5 minutes were up for our food we went out and our bag of matches was on the ground.
We figured the wind had knocked it off and that is what we heard.
Until we sat down to eat...
our bag of silverware was no where to be found!
Turns out the foxes on the island stole our bag of silverware!
Lol!
So for the rest of the trip we either: 
drank whatever we were eating,
used a wheat thin as a spoon,
or used this Pringle's lid as a spoon.

Hiking back from the beach

After that hike we got back on the boat and headed back to the mainland.
We had a great time being together!
It was a very restful trip.
We got a lot of sleep while we were on the island because when it was too cold to do anything we slept,
so the first day we had like a three hour nap,
the second day we had a one hour nap,
we didn't have to wake up to alarms in the morning so we slept in,
and every night we were asleep by like 8:30 or 9.. lol.
It was nice!

I'm so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man!
Through our three years we've learned a lot and are continually learning,
we've grown closer together through trials we've had and while they aren't always fun,
I'm so glad that I have him to help me through them!
I love that he always makes me laugh and can help me whenever I need him to!
He is so sweet to me,
I love him!
I'm one lucky girl!

2 comments:

  1. That seems like such a fun trip! I hope you're enjoying your Anniversary! Love you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you guys!! Yours was the first wedding in the temple I've ever been to so it sure is a special one. :) Hope you guys are enjoying the day! That's so fun you were able to go on that trip!!

    ReplyDelete