We needed a getaway.
I realize we just visited my family two weeks ago, but we decided it would be fun to see them again!
We also decided it would be fun to go skiing.
Side note, when I told a friend we'd gone skiing she said thought I meant water skiing and told me we were crazy, but she also said she wouldn't be surprised if we'd gone water skiing in March.. lol, it made me laugh!
So no, folks, we didn't go water skiing, we went snow skiing.
We had a great time!
We asked my parents if they would like to go.
They used to go, my mom hadn't gone for 27 years! My dad hadn't gone for 23!
They decided that it would be fun, so they said yes!
We found out the day we left that my baby brother was also going to come!
The adventure started at my sister's opera.
Thank you facebook for this picture, since I forgot to take one.
My sister is the one on the left.
She did wonderfully well!
As did her roommates (the other three).
My sister was the maid,
my sweet husband asked her why we don't see those traits a little more at home, lol!
We then went to eat at a very fancy restaurant, Denny's!
They're always open!
It was actually pretty good, slow, but good.
I was reminded of many trips to Denny's in the middle of the night during college...
I was reminded of this because I almost fell asleep in my food.
I think I'm getting old.
Then we went and stayed the night at a five star hotel (minus several stars)...lol.
It was fun!
The next morning, we hit the slops!
Here we are on the lift
And here are my brother, dad, and mom on the lift
My little brother had never been skiing before, but turned out to be a pro!
He went straight down the mountain!
No slow s-turns for this boy!
However, in this picture below, he realized that maybe going down slower may be a better idea.
You see, we'd gone down several easy hills previously (those were the ones he just went straight down),
then we decided to get on a different lift,
and apparently part of the hill was a blue (intermediate) if you didn't turn,
if you did turn it stayed green (easy),
but we missed the turn.
So he FLEW down the hill, yelling to people "GET OUT OF THE WAY!"
It was funny and kind of sad.
So then my mom and dad taught him how to get down the mountain in a controlled way,
I think that is what they are doing here:
In the picture above my mom is in the back with the orange hat, my brother is in the middle (the one without polls), and my dad is on the right.
This is the beautiful view from the top of one of the lifts.
Here we are with the beautiful view.
After a great day on the mountain, seriously it was awesome!
It was not very crowded at all, it was warm
(which I realize isn't the best for skiing, but I hate being cold, so I liked it),
and we had great company, and all had a great time!
Back to what I was saying though, after a great day on the mountain, we met up with our cousins who live just south of the ski resort, well most of them (we missed a few who were at a wedding).
It was really fun to eat and talk with them!
My mom was there too, but she took the picture, silly me, I should have had the waitress take the picture.
On the way home we stopped and saw my best friend from high school!
It was so good to see her and her new apartment!
P.S. If you hate the time change as much as me, go skiing the day before the change, you'll be so exhausted that going to bed early will be no problem!
No comments:
Post a Comment