This weekend we were able to get quite a bit done!
Friday we just relaxed,
first we went to our friends' home and watched a basketball game and ate good food.
Then we came home and had a Law and Order marathon, lol. We love that show.
The new Psych (our other favorite) isn't on hulu yet... so we watch Law and Order on Netflix.
Saturday was more productive though.
My sweet husband is the scout leader in our ward.
He does a great job!
He took the scouts on a hike in the mountains by our home.
Here they are just before I picked them up.
While my sweet husband was hiking a friend of ours offered us their Hunger Game tickets.
We are suckers for free stuff, so we took them up on the offer.
We decided to de-redneck ourselves a little and take some of the junk we've had in our backyard from fixing up the house to the dump.
One reason I was so excited for the truck was it meant that all of that junk would find another home.
We also pulled out some junk from our garage.
Then when we picked up the tickets we asked our friends if they had anything they'd like taken to the dump.
They did, so we loaded it up (the picture is just of our junk, the bed was COMPLETELY full by the time we loaded their stuff too.
They felt getting rid of their junk and the tickets were a fair trade.. lol.
*WARNING*
Some people may not agree with me on this next part, that is totally fine, I'm only giving my opinion.
First off, I need to say that I read The Hunger Games. When I read it I thought it was entertaining... not really the right word because honestly I think the whole idea of the book is extremely morbid. I think that is why I didn't really like them. I read all three of them, but I just could not get past how morbid the whole idea of it was. So honestly, I wasn't really planning on seeing the movie. But like I said, we're suckers for free stuff. So we went to the movie. The movie was very intense! It kept us on the edge of our seats the entire time, until the end of course, where it just kind of ended. My sweet husband did not read the book and didn't really get the point of the movie. After it was over I asked him what he thought of it, he said he didn't really like it. I told him how I thought it was a bit morbid that they make them have the games to get food. He said, "I didn't get that at all." So basically, I don't think they did a very good job explaining that part of it very well. I kind of think that they made the movie thinking that everyone watching it would have read the book. So I don't know, we had a good time, but it was a little weird.
Off my soapbox now and back to our Saturday.
We went to the dump after that.
I felt so free getting rid of our junk.
Sadly, as soon as we got home we created more junk.
We've been painting interior doors this week.
So Saturday was installation day.. I think we actually started on like Thursday or something.
We got most of them installed on Saturday.
We need to fix a few of them. We inherited a few doors from my parents. Two of them fit our doors, but one did not. Sadly, some how the one that didn't fit got painted and the second door that fit did not get painted. So we were short one door, but we'll get it painted soon.
So the old doors were the junk we created.
Oh well.
Then it was dinner time.
Because it was a beautifully sunny day we decided we should BBQ!
We've had two bags of charcoal in our garage for a LONG time because they were on sale at Home Depot a while ago.
So my handsome husband grilled us some steak! My favorite!
It was super yummy!
We worked on the doors a bit more after dinner.
Then we started the demolition of our closet.
We're making a closet organizer!
I can't even describe how excited I am for it!
After we cleared one side we got tired and decided to call it a night.
Then we had another Law and Order Marathon.. lol.
I thought I would also show you the lights and fan my sweet husband installed in our bathrooms.
This the guest bathroom, they aren't hooked up yet, but they are in the ceiling.. step one.
This is the master bathroom.
They are all connected and work like a champ.
My plan today is to paint the ceiling.
Lol, the reason it looks like blood got smeared on the wall was that my sweet husband used the roller from our bedroom to put the primer on the ceiling... lol. He rinsed the roller for like an hour but apparently there was A LOT of paint in the roller. Oh well.
Fact about remodeling: You are bound to have several projects going on at once because you are also bound to get bored of one project and start on another... lol. At least that has been our experience.
Congrats if you made it to the end of this really long post!

About the door that doesn't fit...It reminds me of when I was little. Our dining table was an old door that my parents had stained and then attached legs to. (It was a flat one, so it worked great as a table.) We had that table for a long time, until I was in high school. :-) Anyway, I'm sure you can find a good use for it!
ReplyDelete