The last weekend in June we were able to go to my sweet in-law's home
and go to my sweet husband's cousin's baptism!
I was really excited to go because I hadn't met most of the people coming to the baptism.
I met the parents of the cousin getting baptized in passing at my sweet husband's mission farewell.
But I was seriously on my way out the door and said hi and bye.
So it was fun to actually meet them and say talk with them for a while.
On Friday, my in-laws, my sweet husband, and I went to a baseball game.
President Uchtdorf threw an honorary first pitch!
Alex Boye sang the National Anthem and God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch!
Side note: I thought that was really funny because he's from England, but he's probably a citizen, who knows. Cracked me up though.
He did amazing!
President Uchtdorf is on the right in the white shirt
President Uchtdorf is on the right in the white shirt
Here he is throwing the pitch.
That's the Senior Missionaries in the all-you-can-eat section.. lol!
That's awesome!
We saw a proposal during the 7th inning stretch.
This guy's picture cracked me up, it's more like a grimace.
Then on Saturday we met a cousin and her family, she and her husband have 5 children.
Two sets of twins (three boys and a girl) and another little girl.
They were super cute!
Then we went and had lunch at my favorite sandwich shop there and ran an errand.
Then we headed to the baptism!
I played the piano at the baptism
(it was the start of my share my talents weekend...
I played the organ in Sacrament Meeting, I was pretty terrified, but I think it went well).
Then we went to a park in Grammy's neighborhood and had a BBQ!
The Baptism Boy
The Grandkids there
Grammy and her children
The food was delicious and the company was great!
President Uchtdorf is one of the cutest old men ever. He is just so happy ALL the time. And I am SOOOOOO jealous that you got to see him! Also, that sounds like such a fun weekend and I'm glad you documented it and took pictures... (oh, the baseball player... hahahaha. I laughed out loud.) I love you sister... and Scott!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree about President Uchtdorf!
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you enjoyed the baseball player! The game was quite boring, the home team had TWO hits the entire game... the other time killed them with 9 runs. So I had to find something to entertain me... that picture definitely did and it came on several times.. I'll have to show you the other picture that cracked me up!
Alex Boye just became a citizen in this past year. FYI! Sounds like your summer is fun!
ReplyDeleteThat looks so fun to have been at that game!!
ReplyDelete