This 4th of July was a bit different from the 4th
we are used to.
I missed the BV 4th of July celebration, but we
had a good time here too.
I wish we could have gone to my parents’ house, but with the
4th being on a Wednesday it just didn’t work out; however, my
parents and my little brother did come to us!
We woke up in the morning and had some French toast. Then we
all got decked out in our 4th of July clothes and headed out to the
town celebration. Supposedly they had a petting zoo, but we must have missed
it, much to the kids’ chagrin. But they did have snow cones, funnel cakes,
kettle corn popcorn, and live music, so we sat around enjoying the ambiance a
bit.
Then we had lunch at our favorite little bakery here.
Then when we got home we got ambushed by a water fight! It
wouldn’t be the 4th without a water fight!
After a delicious dinner of baby back ribs, baked beans, watermelon, and homemade ice cream, we headed out to the rodeo. Sadly they didn’t allow pictures at the
rodeo, so that isn’t documented. But it was fun, after I got over the shock of
almost seeing people get stomped to death. Then we went and watched the fireworks,
which is always a great way to end the 4th.
I’m so grateful for the country that we live in, for the
people who serve our country, and the freedoms we enjoy here because of it. I’m
grateful for our Founding Fathers who came and established a place to enjoy the
freedom of religion and many other freedoms! I’m proud to be an American!
I am glad you enjoyed your 4th! I'm not going to lie, it was weird without your family here. Hopefully we'll see ya soon!
ReplyDeleteBeej, it was weird not to be home for the 4th! Hopefully that doesn't happen again next year! I hope we get to see you soon too!
ReplyDelete