Thursday, July 12, 2012

Getting closer!

To adopt you and your spouse have to fill out a lot of paperwork and do a bit of stuff.
We are almost finished!
Two sets of Fingerprints for two people...check!
Two Dr appointments (one for each)... check!
One chest x-ray (only for my sweet husband)... check!
Phase one of our five phases of online stuff... check!
Phase two... almost check!
Printed out paperwork... almost check!
We still need to do 10 hours of parenting classes,
get first aid/cpr training,
have our home inspection,
and finish phase three, 
the other two phases are finding a child and placement!

SO CLOSE!

Just yesterday at work I was helping a lady with glasses and she told me that she and her husband had adopted two boys and they are trying to adopt another!
So we talked about adoption for a little bit, I told her that my husband and I were in the process of adopting.
It's neat how Heavenly Father allows little tender mercies to happen, to help us know that He cares about us and what is happening in our lives!
After she left I thought about all these questions I should have asked her, or would have liked to ask her.
But some of them were probably too personal for someone I just met and only talked to for about 30 minutes.. lol.

Another tender mercy I've seen while we've been working on stuff is my sweet husband.
His desire to be a father melts my heart!
I love watching him with our sunbeams, our nieces and nephew, and all our little cousins.
He's so good with them!
I'm excited to see him with our children!


5 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys!!! You are such a sweet person and will be an amazing and loving Mother. Thanks again for helping me the other day it was fun to get to see you!!! Read your books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting that you guys are going to adopt! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I hope things keep progressing quickly and smoothly for you! I think they should make every soon-to-be parent go thru all the steps they make adoptive parents go thru. Every child should be guaranteed a safe home where they will be loved unconditionally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite the list! So glad for you to be almost done! My friend completed her list and things went so quickly for them from there. I am praying that happens for the two of you! I really admire you both and the relationship you have with each other and how strong and close you are. I get so excited thinking of you two..soon to be three. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all are so sweet! Thank you so much for your support!
    And Megan, I definitely agree!

    ReplyDelete