Thursday, August 30, 2012

Not what we expected

Sometimes life goes just as you plan.
But let's be honest, most of the time it does NOT.
Yesterday was kind of like that.

Let me tell you the story.
So my sweet husband talked to the stucco people on Tuesday.
They said they would be at our house at 8:00 AM on Wednesday.
I was having book club at our home at 9:30 AM on Wednesday.
From past experience with the stucco people we (my sweet husband and I) figured they would get here around 1, book club wouldn't be interrupted, and all would be well.
Well, the stucco people showed up at 9:00 AM! A pleasant surprise.
They quickly started taping up the windows and doors.
I stopped them from taping up all of the doors because I had people coming over 
and at some point I had to go to work.
So they left the back door open...lol!
So my book club friends had to go to the back, no big deal really.
Well, we have a wonderful time with book club, they all leave.
I figure my garage is also covered so I figure I can't get my car or bike out (my bike is trapped on the opposite side of the garage as the door into the garage so I wouldn't have been able to get it out).
So I tell the guys to go ahead and tape up the door.
I go pay the head stucco man and realize that the garage door is not taped up.
"Sweet," I think, until I realize that his truck is blocking the drive way.
I figure I can't get the car out but I can get my bike out.
Until I realize that I just told them to tape up the door.
So I was stuck... I started walking to work.
Really not a big deal, but one of my book club friends saw me walking to work after she picked up her son from school and gave me a ride to work.
It was very sweet of her!

Well, all day at work I'm thinking about our house and how great it will look when I get home!
I'm imagining this beautiful gray green color that we chose and how wonderful our home will look.
Let's just say, I was a big shocked when I got home.
It's BLUE!
Like Smurf Blue!
Like it looks like the house is sick, blue!
Like my bathroom blue (which sometimes I feel is a little too blue, I think at some point we'll paint some of the walls a the cream from the rest of the house so the whole bathroom isn't blue).
And we definitely need to change the eve color QUICKLY!
Because now that awful magenta stands out so MUCH more!

The best part was I saw a lady walking her baby past our house and she looked at the house,
walked a little further and looked back and didn't stop looking as she walked past the rest of the house.
The look on her face was something along the lines of, "What the heck were they thinking!?"

My dad tells us it should lighten up soon.... I sure hope so!
Come what may and love it, right?! Lol! I sure hope I love it soon.

1 comment:

  1. Well from the pictures it doesn't look blue. Maybe it's just a "you had to be there" moment because it looks fantastic from the pictures. Unless these pictures are before shots... then I don't know why you restuccoed the whole house.

    You know what. actually, I'm just going to trust you on this one. hahaha. Love you.

    ReplyDelete