Monday, March 17, 2014

My Sister's Wedding

We had a wonderful weekend!
My sister just younger than me got married!
Our awesome weekend actually started on Thursday when we drove to my parents' house after work.
We got there fairly late and talked for a while, finally we made ourselves go to bed because we had a busy day ahead of us!
Friday was wedding preparation day!
We set up the tables, put up bows, fixed a few things, washed the tablecloths... I'm sure there were other things, but I can't remember. The boys went to our new brother-in-law's bachelor party and went shooting.
Friday night my sister received her endowment.
It was a beautiful session, I love going to the temple and feeling the Spirit there.
We went to dinner before and ran into some of our friends from college, it was really good to see them and of course I forgot to take a picture.
 After we got home from the temple we went straight to bed because we had an early morning the next day.
We had to be to the temple at 9:00 our time and it's an hour away so we had to leave at 8:00 AM.
The sealing was beautiful! The same sealer that sealed my sweet husband and I, sealed my sister and her husband. The sealing room was PACKED, someone counted 90 people!
After the sealing we took some pictures of course. It was super windy as you can see from the pictures.

Here are the bride and groom with the bride's parents. 
 The groom's siblings and mom
 The bride's siblings and favorite brother-in-law.. oh and minus our missionary... but don't worry she makes a cameo later
 The pretty bride.. lol!
 The baby
 Silly boys... brothers and second cousin (photographer's son)
 As we were waiting for our turn for pictures my mom got a surprise visitor! One of her best friends from elementary on I think. They were riding bikes past the temple and decided to see if they could spot my mom, and they did! They came to our house for a bit after and we got to visit with them more, it was really fun,
At the reception our missionary got to welcome people at the sign in table.
We had to get a picture of her with her best friend!
PS we really wanted to put another book for people to caption the missionary's picture.
One of our favorite family ones was:
"Look how much free stuff I got for my bed" 
(she always has SO much junk on her bed.. my dad nicknamed her "Girl with many things on her bed")
 And I got to see some of my best friends at the reception too, but sadly it was for just a little bit because I had to decorate the car and do a few other things before the bride and groom left. But it was so good to see them, if even for just a bit!
I can't believe I didn't get a picture of my sweet husband manning the BBQ with my brother. They were the chefs for the evening and they did a wonderful job!
All in all, it was a great day!
Congrats again to the happy couple!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! You have a lovely family and your sister made a beautiful bride! Congratulations on a new brother-in-law! And I loved the baby photo! :) Sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete