Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Tree Hunt 2014

Growing up, one of my favorite traditions was going to find our Christmas tree!
And some of our favorite quotes come from Christmas tree searching adventures,
In a squeaky two-year-old voice, 
"How about this one, Dad?!" (pointing to a sage brush)
"Wrong kind, Bud."

Several years back my Mom started reading The Forgotten Carols to us each time we would go.
We read the entire book and listened to the songs in the time it took to drive and find the perfect tree.
My Mom and I got tags for trees on Black Friday 
(not that you have to wake up early to get them, we just happened to be in the city where you buy them on Black Friday),
but we weren't able to go and get one during the three weeks Sweet Girl and I were there.
It just never worked out.
But since my Sweet Husband and I were staying there,
we thought it would be fun to go and get one then!
It was a little different, we read the second book in the Ugly series, Pretties, instead...lol.
It was a great time!

During our search I spotted this guy!
My Sweet Husband informed me that I am going with them next year for the hunt.
 We got out and looked at several trees before we found this beauty!
I love my silly husband!

 Good looking too!

Tiiiiimber!


I love our little family!
And I think this picture is pretty darn cute too!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun tradition! I bet that smells amazing... I miss that part of Christmas because we just have a fake tree :(

    ReplyDelete