If you had told me two years ago that I would run a half marathon,
I would have laughed in your face!
I ran track in high school,
but seriously hated every second of it.
Maybe hate it too strong, but I really disliked running.
After high school, I pretty much decided never to run again.
My Sweet Husband enjoys running, so we went a few times in college, but I complained the entire time so we decided it was best if he just ran by himself from then on.
Fast forward to last year when my Sweet Husband started his new job,
his previous job allowed him to work out three hours each week on the clock,
the new job does not. But he still wanted to stay physically fit.
So he decided he would run at home, he asked if I wanted to run with him..
To all of our surprise, I said I would.
He promised to go at my pace and stop whenever I needed to.
He is the best!
So I set a goal in February or March 2015 to run from our house to the near by park and back,
about two miles, without stopping.
We accomplished that goal pretty quickly.
Then my Sweet Husband said, "I'm thinking about running a half marathon."
He also told me that they have a 5k.
But I really like running with my Sweet Husband, so I agreed to do the half!
We found a 12 week training schedule and stuck to it,
and it went really well!
We had a goal to finish in under two hours.
The day of the race was perfect!
The weather was so nice!
My parents and Sweet Girl caught up to us on mile 10 and cheered us on!
Then they drove to the finish and cheered us on there too!
We were super happy with our time!
It feels so good to set a goal and accomplish it!
Sweet Girl went on many many runs with us and would often stretch with us before.
So it was only fitting that she stretched with us after the race!
She really was stretching, just in this picture she got a little side tracked by the fire extinguisher!
More stretching... lol!
With our medals (Sweet Girl is wearing my Sweet Husband's medal)!
The airport where my Sweet Husband works (he doesn't actually work at the airport, just in a huge hanger on the airport) does a "Fly Crazy" Day every so often and they have planes you can look at and other cool planes flying and showing off a bit. They had one the day of the race, so we went over and looked at the planes for a bit.
We have a few plane enthusiasts in our family.
Sweet Girl actually said, "Airplane" yesterday, my Sweet Husband was SO proud!
It was a great day!
After that we ate good food and rested!


No comments:
Post a Comment