In case you've wondered where we've been,
we've been backpacking in the Uintas!
It was BEAUTIFUL!
I had a hard time focusing on hiking rather than constantly taking pictures.
We hiked eleven miles on Wednesday to our campground.
We camped near Smith Lake.
The hike in was very tiring,
but we had a good time.
So I don't overload you, I'll do each day as a separate post.
Here we are getting ready to go.
Walmart happened to be out of the nice mosquito nets,
so we improvised.
My brother is so excited he just can't hide it!
Backpacking makes some things difficult...
as you can see my sister needed some help
The awesome ranger chopped these up after we got through
so on the way down they weren't in the way
My sisters (my dad's in the background) taking a little rest
My sweet husband purifying some water for everyone!
My sweet husband, two sisters, and two cousins
Beautiful view
Cooking lunch...
apparently he was our little worker bee
Another beautiful view
The infamous bridge...
this was supposed to be our lunch spot
because we thought it was just a little more than half way..
Turns out it was about seven miles from the trail head.
Red castle and a waterfall.
I have a better picture of red castle from the way down.. stay tuned
Getting close to our stopping point!
I think this was pretty much right before we stopped
I was too tired to take pictures after we finally got to the campsite!
We set up camp and ate after we arrived.
It was nice to finally sit on the stools we packed in.
My little brother bought a full on camp chair!
Which he said was COMPLETELY worth it!
Phew, that was day one!
That sounds like so much fun! You took beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see more!!
ReplyDelete