A couple weekends ago we decided to surprise my parents and go to the family reunion.
It's about 8 hours from where we live, so we didn't think we'd be able to make it.
However, thanks to furloughs and my boss being out of town for a while,
we were both able to get the Friday of the reunion off.
So we spent Thursday night at my parents' house (they were already at the family reunion)
with my sister (who was going to visit her boyfriend)
and then on Friday morning we headed up to the mountain.
My paternal Grandma's family has been going to this particular spot for several years now.
It holds an especially special place in our hearts because it's where my sweet husband and I took our engagement pictures.
To share in the nostalgia I decided to post some pictures of that special day!
I can't believe it has been FIVE years since then!
Isn't this place BEAUTIFUL!
And isn't he handsome?!
These next few are the pictures we sent with our wedding announcements.
We mixed it up a bit and sent one of the three to everyone, so not everyone's announcements were the same.
It was fun.
However, my sweetheart was mortified by this one.
He specifically stated that NO ONE on his list of people would get this one...
sadly, I think most of his friends ended up with this one on accident...
I felt pretty bad (he didn't like the bottom umbrella picture).
We had fun!
We went on a canoe ride to remember that fun day!
More pictures to come!
PS If you ever need an awesome photographer, go here!







How cute are those! Great pictures! I realized the other day that Josh and I will be celebrating our 5 yr anniversary in 5 months... it's mind blowing how fast time has flown by! You guys are so cute together... and I'm glad you got to surprise your family at the reunion, I bet they loved that!
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing these pictures since I didn't know you when you two got engaged! What a gorgeous place to take photos too!
ReplyDelete