On Friday my sweet husband and I celebrated our fifth anniversary!
(More to come on that later)
Sometimes it seems like just yesterday we were at the temple being sealed.

But then other times it feels like we've always been together. I love being with him!
He teaches me so much! He is such a great husband! He's caring, gentle, supportive, loving, hard working, amazing, tough, smart... I could go on and on. Best of all, he's mine!

One fact about my sweet husband is that he loves to learn. And he continues to learn, even though he is now finished with his undergrad and his graduate degree. When he works on a project or goes running or whatever he is doing by himself, he listens to podcasts because he likes to learn about new things. He is always enriching his mind in some way it seems. Recently, I decided I wanted to be more like him. Usually when I work on a project or clean or whatever I have a show or a movie or pandora playing so that I have some background noise. I don't like silence. But those things don't often teach me anything. So I decided that I would try to listen to uplifting or educational things. I came across this program called Gospel Solutions for Families on the Mormon Channel. It is awesome! It has so many episodes that are applicable to my life, or anyone else's life for that matter. It has episodes about marriage, children, grandparents, dating, being in a long distance relationship, teaching gospel principles, etc. I like that it has episodes for people of all different stages of life.
I particularly like the episodes about strengthening marriage (episodes 1, 2, 29, 30, 36, 37, 59, and 60) or the episodes about cleaving to your spouse (episodes 19-22).
I love the things I am learning from them. I love how listening to these uplifting words is strengthening my relationship with my sweet husband. In one of the episodes they talked about how in the scriptures the only person besides Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ we are told to love with all our hearts is our spouse. I don't know why but I hadn't ever thought of that, what an amazing blessing, we get to love our spouse as much as we love our Father in Heaven and our Savior! I love my sweet husband! I am so grateful for him! He makes me so happy!
These have been the best five years, I can't wait to see what the next five (and eternity) will bring!

Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to read about how you celebrated! And thanks for sharing about that youtube channel, I'm going to have to check it out. It sounds really good, and I never thought about the fact that our spouses are the only other person we've been commanded to love like our Heavenly Father and Savior. That's a lot to think about!
ReplyDeleteYay! Happy Anniversary! You two have the most gorgeous wedding photos!!! I loved seeing them! And I love your recommendation for the podcasts on the Mormon Channel. I totally just have a show or pandora on too but I love this new idea. I'm going to have to give it a try! :) Hope you two had the best anniversary!
ReplyDelete