Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The big reveal

Over Valentine's and President's Day weekend we were able to see both sides of my family. Since we hadn't told them yet, we decided in person would be fun. So we set up get-togethers. We used the ruse of "being in town" since we hadn't been to either area where my mom and dad's families live in a long time. The weekend ended up being perfect timing. The reason for our trip was actually for a work meeting for my sweet husband. But then we found out that my sister was having a bridal shower the Saturday of our trip. Then we found out that one of my cousins was having her farewell for her mission to Japan on Sunday. So it worked out really well because a lot of family that doesn't live in town, was there. Sunday night we drove to my parents' house and told my dad's family but I apparently forgot to take pictures of that. 
 
 Pictures from the bridal shower:
Some of my sweet cousins and me
 My sister and her friends that threw her the shower
 The happy couple...
this picture cracked me up because there is a gift in between them but it just looks like they are sitting super far away from each other.. lol


So how we told everyone:
We asked my aunt if we could do it at her house (that is also where the bridal shower was). We had pizza and some yummy chicken and rice and yummy salads and things, like I said, we told everyone we were just getting together. 
After everyone arrived and had eaten I stood up and said that actually we had ulterior motives for the get together. I told them that we had valentines for all of them, but that they weren't allowed to look at them until everyone had theirs.
 The valentine said:
Roses are red, violets are blue
Thanks to IVF,
we are due:
September 8th,
isn't that great?!
And then it had this picture
Displaying valentine.jpg
It was really fun!
When we told my dad's family I didn't give the speech because we wanted to see how it would work out if I just quickly passed out the valentines, but after the first person looked everyone pretty much knew. But it was still fun!

3 comments:

  1. Addie, that was the best to see you and hear your great news! I love you so much and am so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you too! It was so fun to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete