Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Snow Ski Trip March 2015

My mom is a teacher,
another teacher at her school needed some sprinkler work done in her yard.
My dad is good at fixing sprinklers, so my dad fixed my mom's friend's sprinklers.
Because of this my mom's friend allowed us to stay at her condo in the mountains next to a ski resort.
We had a great time!

My dad came down the week before we went skiing.
Dad came with Sweet Girl and me to Sweet Girl's sixth month appointment right before we left for the mountain. We picked up my Sweet Husband from work and headed to my parent's home. We stayed the night there (Thursday) and then early the next morning (Friday) headed to the mountain.
After we unloaded our stuff, my Sweet Husband, my Dad, and I headed out to go skiing.
Sweet Husband, me, part of Dad (he cut himself off...lol)
My Mom stayed with Sweet Girl in the condo.
I would come back to feed Sweet Girl when it was time for her to eat.
One of those feeding times, we let her try a strawberry.
She loved it!
We skied for about two hours in during the regular skiing day and then we went night skiing.
I was a little nervous, I was envisioning skiing blindly down a pitch black mountain (PS, I'm afraid of the dark). Thankfully, it was nothing like that. They had lights on the few lifts that were open, and most of the time we skied during the "night skiing" hours, it was still light outside. It was really fun!

The next morning (Saturday) we went skiing again. This time my brother took my Dad's place.
We had a great time. We all pretty much stuck together. Which I was grateful for, I was by far the worst in the group (both days), so I appreciated them waiting for me.

On the lift. My brother, me, and my Sweet Husband
My sweet husband took this video of my brother and I skiing down one of the slopes. I am the second person coming down, my brother is the third. We describe my skiing as, "slow but in control... most of the time."



I do have to share a funny story from the trip. So it was the second day, I was getting a little better. So we decided to go down some blues. I think the first one we went down was fine, I took it slow and was okay. So we go down another one, which was actually on the same lift, we just took a different turn. My sweet husband was really good at staying with me or at least close enough that I could see him and he could see me. I had gotten ahead of him, so I stopped and waited because I didn't want to loose him, in case he took a different turn or something. He catches up, unfortunately where I stopped was pretty steep. I'm not sure why I stopped there. I took off my gloves at this point because my hands were sweating, it was a beautiful day, so all bundled up I was getting hot. My sweet husband asks me if I want him to keep following or if I want him to lead. I tell him to lead. So he goes down the hill. It was really steep, so I'm going down slow, telling myself to breath and only look five feet in front of me (that was my way of getting down the mountain, it's a lot easier to get down only looking five feet in front of you because it doesn't look as steep.... oh I'm also afraid of heights so steep mountains are a bit frightening for me at times). Silly me, I glance too far down and start to panic a little. I try to recover and slip and totally wipe out. My gloves that I was holding each go in a different direction, my ski poles as well, and I lost one ski (well, it fell off). Just then two older gentlemen come down and one picks up my poles and the other grabs my gloves. After they gave me my poles I got myself back up. The guy says, "Oh you are okay, just a yard sale." I was super confused, hopefully my sunglasses hid my confusion. I give a small laugh and say, "yeah." And keep going down the mountain. It took me the rest of the way down to figure out what on earth he meant by a yard sale... lol! It was because all of my stuff was laying on the snow for others to see, like a yard sale.. lol! It made me laugh for the rest of the day. It also explained why one of the runs was called "Yard Sale."

No comments:

Post a Comment