We would like to announce the completion
of our new and improved,
but still slightly out of tune
piano!
Piano came to our family September of 2009,
when we first saw her, she was in serious need of some TLC.
At first sight, we thought that Piano was beautiful, we saw her potential.
As we scrapped off the old varnish and sanded her down,
we saw the beautiful wood she's made of.
Sadly, due to the amount of wood filler she needed,
we were not able to allow the wood to show.
But we are very pleased with the final product!
We hope to be able to find a tuner that can help us restore the keys
that still need a little TLC and we hope to be able to tune her.
But for now, our part is finished!
Let us know what you think about her transformation!
I'm kicking myself, because I forgot to take a decent picture of the before!
I thought I had a picture of the piano when we only had the top finished...
apparently I was wrong, so you'll have to use your imagination.
Here's a picture of fairly early on in the process.
Before:
AFTER:


Weird, I commented and it didnt post for me. so here goes again. I said WOW, you guys did an awesome job and where did you get that beauty?
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm really happy with how it all turned out. While we were living in Provo we got it off of KSL classifieds, which is like craigslist, but for Utah only.
ReplyDeleteWow that is amazing! I'm so impressed! I need to learn some of your home improvement skills as I have many a thing that could use a little TLC!
ReplyDelete