Thursday, November 18, 2010

Autumn Crafts

I'm a little late, but I've been working on these for a while... actually not working, I've been thinking and finding the things I need to make them for a while. Putting them together didn't take very long. I got my inspiration for these crafts from here and here.

This paper globe was pretty easy, I think I would recommend using more than three different papers... I was cheap and only got three, it worked but sometimes I had to pull pieces off and rearrange them because I didn't want the same papers touching. Overall, I think they turned out cute. In total they cost about 5 dollars... if I had paper it would have been cheaper, the paper was the most expensive part I think.
Then I figured since I was already at the scrapbook store I might as well get paper for a Christmas one! I will just switch out the sticks (I glued the globes to the sticks)... easy! I think I might make one for every month or something, but we'll see.
I loved the thankful garland on Tatertots and Jello! I was going to make it exactly like hers, but I couldn't find a grapevine garland anywhere! I found a few online, but the shipping was outrageous! Then I went to Tai Pan Trading with some friends and found this cute garland, I think it will be pretty versatile and I'll be able to use it for more than just this garland, then I can just switch out the picks... I feel like I'm getting a better deal on something if I can use it more than one way!
Here's a close up
A close up of the entire garland
I really liked how she used clothespins to pin leaves of things they were thankful for onto the garland, I have the clothespins and I've even put the glitter on them, but I forgot to get paper for that... so that may have to wait until next year. However, I like it like this too, so it works for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment