A lady in our ward asked me one day at church if I was a substitute teacher, I told her no and gave her the spiel about how I thought I'd signed up for it but I hadn't really. Well she said that she worked at a private school and I didn't have to do those things to be a substitute there, so I told her I was interested and asked what I should do. She said to contact the school, so a couple days later I drove to the school to ask about it in person. Well, I got there and seriously there were four small buildings and I didn't want to interrupt a class by going into the wrong building, so I saw their number on sign outside of their school and just called them. The lady that answered was just subbing for the day, so she wrote a note to the principal. The lady in my ward saw the note and wrote a little note on it saying that she knew me and all that. So by Sunday I still hadn't heard anything, but she talked to me and told me that the principal would call me and that I should send in my resume. So I said, okay and planned on doing that. Well, for some reason I just kept forgetting to send it in, and then when I was going to I wanted to write a cover letter and put it with it so they didn't think I was just some average Joe, so I called the school to find out the principal's name, they didn't answer, and sadly this was the Wednesday before Veteran's Day so I figured they wouldn't call me back for a while. So I just decided to wait. However, after our trip to Oceanside, while we were at Husband's parent's house, the lady in my ward called me. She asked if I would be willing to sub. I told her that I still hadn't talked to the principal so I wasn't sure if I could. She said that the principal is out of town and when the principal is gone, she takes over because she's the assistant principal. She said she talked to the principal about me and the principal said, "Yeah call her." So I subbed for the principal in the morning, she teaches fourth grade in the morning and does her principal duties in the afternoon. So I did that in the morning and then subbed for a sixth grade teacher in the afternoon (her sub has health problems and could only stay half day). It went really well! The kids were really helpful and really well behaved. The sixth grade class was a little bit more crazy than the fourth grade class, but that's probably because it was after lunch and it's always harder to pay attention after lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment