Thursday, April 7, 2011

Accepted!

So a couple days ago I thought to myself, "I should update my blog." But just as quickly the thought left me because we've barely had a chance to sit down and relax lately. We've been on the go all the time. Which is a drastic change from a few short months ago! But change is good and the reasons we've been on the go have been good too.

The bank accepted our offer! After a few counter offers going back and forth a couple of times, we agreed on a price! Phwew, glad that part is over with. Now the real craziness begins! Because, you see, the bank would like us to close by April 30th! Which is less than 30 days away! We have so much to do in such a little amount of time, but hopefully we'll be able to do it!

I'm excited that we will close soon because we'll have time to clean and change somethings before we move out of the house we are currently renting. Like I said in the previous post about this, the house needs some work. The first thing to tackle on the list is cleaning! It needs to be DEEP cleaned! And then we'll paint. Then we'll change the carpet... eventually we'll get wood floors in the kitchen and living room. It will make more sense why we'll do both of those when I get some pictures of it. Hopefully I can do that this weekend.


Now we need to figure out a paint color. It's kind of nerve racking... how did you choose the color for your house?

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! During the month that you're in escrow it's definitely a whirlwind of both exciting and frustrating things, but once you have those keys in your hand it's the BEST feeling ever! Good luck with all the cleaning and improvements -- sounds like choosing a paint color will be the easy part! :) For my house I just went on a few interior decorating sights to get ideas of what I liked, then went from there. I'm sure it will look amazing when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addie, how exciting to hear!! I can't wait to see pictures of everything you are working on. You two will do such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that's intense! lots of work ahead! I'm excited for you. You are so crafty, you'll be able to just make that house quite the gorgeous home, I'm sure! Good luck with all the to-do's and the plans!

    ReplyDelete