Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter

Sorry, this post is rather later, but better late than never right?
I have an excuse, I took my camera but so did everyone else so I figured I'd just get the pictures from them, and it took me a while to do so. Anyways, I finally got them from my little sister.

Leading up to Easter, my sweet husband was gone on a business trip all week. The poor guy was right on the beach in Florida! I felt so bad for him... lol, yeah right I was totally jealous freezing my behind off! Because of the business trip we were unable to make it to our friend's wedding, and our sweet little niece's blessing, but we hope both went well!

We went to my parent's house for our traditional Easter celebration!
Saturday morning we went to the lake!

Me and my sister on our way to the lake!

My sister found this on the beach... a little frightening.
Me wakeboarding, the water wasn't quite glass but we still had a great time!
My lame air, but at least I got some I guess.
My sweet husband having a great time!
My cousin on the kneeboard, he's pretty awesome on it!
My parents driving the boat
Sunday morning the Easter Bunny showed up!
That mean Easter Bunny hid my basket on top of the playhouse, I had quite the time getting it down, but I eventually got it down!
See, I got it!
My sweet husband and one of my cute baby cousins.
I love seeing him hold babies!
All the pretty ladies on my momma's side dress for church!
My pretty grandma and her pretty granddaughters
P.S. I wondered how the Easter Bunny came to be and why we hide eggs and baskets, so we looked it up, and this is what we found out if you care to know to. I thought it was pretty interesting.
  • Easter eggs and baby chicks--eggs and chicks symbolize new life. Eggs have been a symbol of spring since ancient times. An egg is also a symbol of the rock tomb out of which Christ emerged when he arose again. The chick, hatching out of the egg, symbolizes new life or re-birth.
  • Easter bunny--the rabbit or hare, was a symbol of abundant life in ancient times, and reminds us of spring and new life.
  • Easter lilies--the white blossoms symbolize the purity of Jesus Christ.
  • The lamb--the Lamb of God
  • Easter hats and wearing new clothes to church--newness of life (this one kind of cracked me up)
  • Pretzels--a food eaten during Lent and the twisted shapes symbolizes arms crossed in prayer
  • The butterfly--the life of the butterfly is symbolic of Jesus' entire life. First the butterfly starts out as a caterpillar, which stands for his life on earth. The second stage is the cocoon stage, symbolizing the crucifixion and burial of Christ. The third stage is when the butterfly emerges from the cocoon as a butterfly, this symbolizes the resurrection of our Savior.
I found these at this website. I thought they were pretty interesting it, it also has a few more on it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment