Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter!: Part 1

I'm waiting on some pictures my little sister is going to send me,
so I thought I'd break this post up into two parts, 
plus it may get a little long.

Easter weekend started with the drive up to my parents' home.
We met my in-laws half way and then carpooled with them the rest of the way.
It was a nice drive, I read, they slept, and my sweet husband drove.

My sweet husband's younger brothers met us at my parents' home.
My sister and her roommates, my maternal Grandma and Grandpa and my cousin, 
and of course my parents and little brother were also there.
We were also waiting for many more to arrive.
Easter has always been special to me because my whole life my parents have invited all of our family to our home to celebrate Easter with us!
When I was little even my mom’s cousins would come, we had people camping in our yard, people sleeping everywhere in the house, it was crazy, but AWESOME!
I loved it!
It also used to be all week when we had spring break together or before we were in school.
I remember one particular Easter where I slept in my swimsuit and a pair of jean shorts for two days straight, because we’d gone to the lake in the morning, didn’t get home until late and I was tired and would fall right to sleep.
It is so much fun!

This year did not disappoint.
Sadly it was still a little chilly for the lake, but we went to the river instead.
But I’m jumping ahead of myself.

We started Saturday morning out in the temple, 
as I was sitting in the temple I thought about how it was a great place to be in to kick off the Easter weekend. The temple is so beautiful and so peaceful, 
and this particular temple is where my sweet husband and I were sealed together. 
We were there on Saturday because my husband's youngest brother went to the temple for the first time.
He's going on a mission for our Church in June.
He'll be serving in the Denver Colorado Mission, Spanish speaking.
It was really fun to be there with him for his first time.


Here we all are after the session:

The boys
 Again but closer
After a delicious lunch at Café Rio, we headed back to my parents’ home.
Stay tuned for the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment