Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Project weekend

My sweet husband's dad and brother came to stay for the weekend.
Unfortunately I was terrible at taking pictures while they were here, so I have no proof,
but trust me they were there.
We had a wonderful time, we worked pretty much all of Saturday.
They worked on the boat.
 Just before I took the picture above I walked out to find my husband and his dad laughing so hard,
I asked what had happened and they said that a raccoon had ran out while they were adjusting the tarps!
They weren't sure if it was in the boat or under or what, so they cautiously took the tarps off.
I videoed it, but it turned out that it had run away.
They were able to get the boat running and cleaned up a bit.
They replaced a few things so it is getting closer to being ready to water test it!

While they worked on the boat,
I worked on the closet.
First I sanded the shelves and things, I vacuumed them, I washed the walls, put plastic down, and then I painted.
I decided that since the walls and the shelves were going to be the same color it would be SO much easier to use the sprayer than trying to roll in all the corners.
It was, but I looked like a MESS when I was through:
 Although, it looked pretty good:
 Later that night we went and got the rods to hang clothes.
So here is what it looks like with clothes in it, but keep in mind that this is not quite what it will look like when it is finished.
We'll each have a side and the drawers will be in. We've almost made all the drawers for this side. 
Besides working we went to an open house at one of the engineering companies around here and looked at planes. It was fun, but once again I forgot my camera.
All in all it was a productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment