Friday, February 25, 2011

Eek!

We're going to play a little game!
What is the missing word in these phrases:
Mickey ________
Not a creature was stirring, not even a _______
Hickory Dickory Dock, the ______ ran up the clock
Quiet as a church _______
Oh my gosh, we have a __________


If you guessed the gross word, mouse, you win my friend!

Now you are probably wondering why on earth we would play such a ridiculous game...
well, the last phrase is one I uttered to my husband just yesterday morning!

Gross!

I do have a story, so settle yourself right on down, maybe get some popcorn, because it's good.
Okay, maybe not that good. But humor me.

So it all started as I was reading a book two days ago, at least I think so.
Our house is by nature, cold, so in the mornings I sit on our lovesac by the fireplace and do whatever,
blog, read, facebook, check email, you know the basics.
Well, this particular morning, I was reading.
Out of the corner of my eye,
I could have sworn I saw something run from our laundry room to our kitchen!
So I got up and went and looked,
but I didn't really see anything.
So I figured my mind was playing tricks on me,
and went back to my reading.

Fast forward to yesterday morning.
I was up making my sweet husband his breakfast and lunch,
minding my own business.
While I was getting stuff out of the pantry I noticed that my bag of crasins had a little hole at the bottom and a crasin had fallen out of it....
I thought to myself,
hmm, I wonder if I accidentally snagged the bag on something.
Odd.
Later, I opened up the pantry door to get out the peanut butter
(I may make him lunch but it's not that fancy... he's perfectly happy with pb and j)
Anyways, I was opening the door and I saw this little head poke out
and quickly retreat behind my flour bucket!

Of course I run to my husband and say,
I think we have a mouse!
Both of us are totally grossed out.
He helps me unload the pantry of all the things in a plastic bag or in a box.
So now my counters are my pantry.
As I'm freaking out because I don't know how the stupid mouse got into our house
and how I don't like mice
and on and on... I was really freaking out... lol,
he tells me that a mouse can fit through a hole the size of a pencil eraser..
uh thanks, not what I wanted/needed to hear.
Then kisses me and is on his way out the door.

AH!
So now I'm home alone with my new friend...
Not too much later, my sweet husband texts me and apologizes for not being able to help more
and tells me to lean a piece of plywood up against the door of the pantry where the mouse is currently hiding (at the time).
So I do.
Then we (me and the mouse) call a truce and I stay in my little area and I hope he stays in his..
I get ready and go on with my day.
After babysitting I run to Home Depot and buy some mouse traps.
Then I went on a search for plastic containers to hold my food, which hopefully we'll get soon!

I set the traps and put them where the instructions said would work best,
and I wait.
I was hoping to catch the little rodent before my dear husband got home,
but the mouse mysteriously went missing...
as in I didn't see it.

The night goes on still no sign of the mouse.
I go to bed trying not to think of where that little thing might be.
Praying he's not in our room at all!

Well folks, this morning as I went out to make breakfast
guess who was trapped by our fridge?!

You guessed it,
our least favorite furry creature!
Little Mickey got caught red handed.
Adios!

P.S. I'd like say thanks for nothing to that stupid cat that decided to take up residence under our home. If you are going to live here, could you please deal with the mouse yourself next time?! Thanks in advance... hopefully and if not, please leave.
:)

P.P.S. I was going to post pictures but I decided against it. Plus I couldn't get myself to really look at the mouse trap after Mickey was caught, it was gross. Like I said, I don't like mice!

5 comments:

  1. That would be hard to relax knowing he was running around somewhere! So glad you were able to catch him!! What a great story you have now. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that you were going to tell us that you were going to Disneyland!

    We've had our share of mice. Anyone who doesn't is very lucky. If you put the mouse trap in a shoe box and tear off the end, then you don't have to touch the trap when you pick it up.

    BTW love your doll clothes post. We thought about making those the other month. I have no sewing genes absolutely at all! And that's not good when you have a daughter who wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm glad that the story has the ending it has and not an alternate ending!

    That's a great idea about the shoe box, if this happens again I'll have to remember that! We used a few plastic bags to cover our hands.
    And thanks about the doll clothes! I wish we lived closer and I could teach you because they aren't too hard to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha, You had it easy!!
    When I was pregnant with Maclyn and going to nail school, I was running late,sick,had a headache,it was early and somehow a mouse got in MY PANTS ,..... lol I laugh now but I was FREAKING OUT, not sure if your freak out is the same as mine but i was screaming and crying and jumping up and down and ended up being even later and had an even bigger headache from crying lol. so im glad your ending was with a dead mouse in a trap because mine ended with a dead mouse in my pants, i first sat on him... then when I realised it was in there began to punch him lol then I dropped my pants and he dropped too YUCK!!! great story thanks for sharing lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. By official decree, you had it the WORST! It gives me the shivers thinking about a mouse in my pants!!!! GROSS! I think your freaking out was probably worse than mine, I would have done just what you did if there was a mouse in my pants. I especially like that you punched him... lol! I have a question though, how long did it take to realize he was in your pants. Other question, was he in your pocket or something, how did he not fall out when you pulled your pants up?!

    Oh my, I'm so sorry you had that experience... seriously so gross! I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete